Implementing Writing Intensive Courses in a Multicultural Context
Writing as a spherical process.
Connection between the writing concept and the writing content involves:
1) Examining epistemological stereotypes.
2) Understanding the importance of cultural codes for comprehending a text.
3) Having the student see him/herself as part of the conversation.
Looking at differences in writing and applying these differences effectively in adhering to writing assignments.
1) Autobiographical modes of writing.
2) Pedagogical narratives.
3) Journal Writing.
Bridging the gap between exploratory and analytic writing.
1) Identifying your audience.
2) Having your own voice.
3) Analytic synthesis.
1) Writing as an embodied activity.
2) Writings in the margins.
3) Rough draft strategy.
4) The academic vs. non-academic voice.
Grading Criteria for both the assignments :
1) Working in groups.
2) Negotiated grades.
3) Alternative forms of assessment.