- If you live out of state, you may be interested to know that you do not have to come to our campus to take the examination. You can take our Placement Exam at your high school or a local college or university by completing the following steps:
- Ask your high school guidance counselor or your college advisor if he or she would be willing to administer the examination. When contacting a local college or university, speak to an administrator in their Testing or Learning Center. The exam can be given in one sitting of 4 hours or in two sittings of 2 hours each. This includes 2 hours for English and 2 hours for Mathematics. You may take less time if you wish, but 4 hours is the maximum time allowed.
- Please note: some colleges or universities may charge a fee for administering the exam. Any fees are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Ask the counselor or administrator to fax a letter on the school's letterhead to Ms. Nicole Sanchez in our Testing Center. The letter should include the counselor or administrator's name and title as well as state that he or she is willing to administer the Placement Examination for you. Please be sure the letter includes your name as the person who is taking the exam. Our fax number at the Brooklyn Campus is (718) 246-6333.
- As soon as we receive the request, we will send the exam directly to the counselor or administrator via first class mail. The examination will take approximately 5 to 10 business days to arrive. After completing the exam, the counselor or administrator will return the exam to us, again via first class mail. The exam will take an additional 5 to 10 days to arrive back in our office.
- You can call us at (718) 488-1019 for results approximately 6 business days after we receive your examination. Please contact the Testing Center or Admissions Office regarding the results before visiting campus. Placement Exam results must be available in order to proceed with registration.
- We are very happy to be able to offer you the convenience of this option. If you require additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you for your interest in Long Island University.