Please notice that this is not an online exam; the test should be printed and completed on paper.
The Placement exam can be given in one sitting of 4 hours or in two sittings of 2 hours each. This includes 2 hours for English and 2 hours for Mathematics. You may take less time if you wish, but 4 hours is the maximum time allowed. Please note: Long Island University will not charge any fee for this testing service. However, some colleges or universities may charge a fee for administering the exam. Any fees are the responsibility of the student.
Follow these easy steps for online delivery of the Placement exam:
- Ask your guidance counselor if he or she would be willing to administer the examination.
- Or you may contact a local college or university and speak to a testing, learning, or counseling center.
- Ask the counselor or administrator to go to: http://fmrc.liu.edu/testingcenter and follow the guidelines to request the exam online. Remind your counselor or administrator to fill out and fax the PROCTOR AGREEMENT FORM (on the corresponding school letterhead) to Ms. Nicole Sanchez in our Testing Center at (718) 246-6333.
- As soon as we receive the PROCTOR AGREEMENT FORM and the ONLINE REQUEST, the exam will be delivered online directly to the counselor or administrator.
- The counselor or administrator will return the completed exam to us, via first class mail.
- The exam will take 5 to 10 days to arrive back in our office. Call us at (718) 488-1392 for results approximately 6 business days after we receive your examination.
- Please contact the Testing Center or Admissions Office regarding the results before visiting campus. Placement Exam results must be available in order to proceed with registration.
Retesting is an option under certain conditions. Please contact the Testing Center at (718) 488-1392 to check if you are eligible for a retest.
We are very happy to offer you this convenient option. Please contact us if we can help you further. Thank you for your interest in Long Island University.