Students in reporting & editing classes at
LIU visit the headquarters of VIBE magazine
- Because LIU’s Brooklyn campus is located in the nations's media capital—one subway stop from Manhattan—a wide range of off-campus internships are available to match any student's interests.
- Journalism majors have recently worked at ABC News, Bloomberg Media, Fox News Network, CBS Sports, CNN, the Montel Williams show and Brooklyn Community Access Television.
- Students also have landed internships at newspapers such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Daily News, as well as magazines such as Essence, Rolling Stone, Latina, Sports Illustrated, The Source and InStyle.
- Premier media organizations such as the Associated Press, Inter Press Service (at the United Nations), Def Jam/Universal Records, Astralworks/EMI Music, and MSNBC Fantasy Sports have recently provided internships to LIU students, too.
- All journalism majors at LIU are required to perform at least one internship (at the news outlet of their choice) by enrolling in the one-credit, pass/fail course “Journalism 160: Co-operative Training.” Students are permitted to intern up to four times at different media organizations for additional academic credit, if they wish to gain extra work experience.
- LIU students should click here for more information.