Intensive English Program and F-1 (Student) Visa Application
(NOTE: The following instructions are for international Intensive English Program students only. If you are an international student who is applying for another program at Long Island University, click here.)
Application for Admission for Students Requesting F-1 Visa
Request for I-20 Form
Transfer Evaluation Form (for students who hold an F-1 visa and wish to transfer to the Intensive English Program from another institution in the U.S.A.)
||Complete the Application for Admission for Students Requesting F-1 Visa. Please write clearly:
- Your name exactly as it appears on your passport
- Your exact birthdate (MONTH / DAY / YEAR)
- Your place of birth (COUNTRY, not the city) and your country of citizenship
- Your sponsor’s address and telephone number
- Your signature and your sponsor’s notarized signature. (Documents can be notarized at the American Consulate or by a Notary Public in your country.)
- A phone or fax number where we can contact you in case of any difficulties.
||Attach an original bank statement in English that shows a minimum of US$25,000.00 in your sponsor’s bank account. The statement must show the balance in U.S. Dollars.
||If you are applying from outside the U.S.A., please send us the completed I-20 Request Form, the Application Form for Students Requesting F-1 Visa, your sponsor’s bank statement and a non-refundable money order or bank check of US$200 (US$120 deposit and US$80 registration fee). The deposit amount will be deducted from your tuition when you arrive at the university.
||If you are applying from inside the U.S.A., please send us the completed Application Form for Students Requesting F-1 Visa, your sponsor’s bank statement, and full payment of your tuition. Transfer students are required to complete the Transfer Evaluation Form and an I-20 Request Form.
Please note that documents sent from abroad can take 3-4 weeks to arrive in our office. Please contact our office for further information.